People and Organisations (Level 3 - 60 Credits)
People and Organisations- DIPLOMA
UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PROGRAM
LEVEL: 3 | CREDITS: 60 | £1500
The level 3 course is made up of 6 modules and 6 written assignments. Each module consists of 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours worth of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises.
About This Course
Do you want to gain essential leadership knowledge and skills needed to engage, motivate, and manage a team? The level 3 foundation diploma in people and organisations has been designed to provide learners with a flexible, relevant course to gain knowledge and understanding about the structure, values and behaviours of organisations and the management of people.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills required to succeed in employment or further studies.
The learners will:
- Develop a body of knowledge about people, organisations, and employment in a range of sectors.
- Develop a range of knowledge, facts, theories, ideas, skills, materials, terminology, practices, and techniques about, and associated with people and organisations and employment.
- Develop self-confidence and skills required for the working environment and organisations and employment.
- Improve communication skills and personal effectiveness that will provide a basis for growth in employment and or in further study.
Am I eligible for this programme?
This course is most suited to individuals who are at least 16 years old, have a high school education and wish to progress onto a degree at university, or the undergraduate level 4/5 human resource management course with Mortha Halls of Ivy.
The fee for enrolling onto the level 3 course is £1500.
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- Interest Free Monthly installments
- Western Union
What is included in the cost of my course?
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments.
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Zoom sessions where required.
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback.
Organisation Structures and their Culture and Values
- Understand organisational structures.
- Understand the organisational environment.
- Understand the ethics of an organisation.
- Understand how organisational culture and values are developed.
Principles of Organisational Planning
- Understand organisational resource requirements.
- Understand the need for organisational planning.
- Understand the planning cycle for organisations.
- Understand the importance of risk management to organisations.
- Understand the processes to measure organisational performance.
Managing Human Resources
- Understand the factors involved in human resource planning in organisations.
- Understand the recruitment and selection process.
- Understand how organisations motivate employees.
- Understand the importance of managing employee performance.
Personal and Professional Development
- Understand what personal and professional development is.
- Know how to identify strengths and needs in relation to own planned job role.
- Understand how to plan and produce own professional development plan.
- Understand opportunities for professional development.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of working in a team to complete a task.
- Understand the need for a team to work to an agreed code of conduct.
- Know how to recognise the different strengths, skills and experiences different people bring to a team.
- Understand how to allocate roles and responsibilities within the team in relation to a given task.
- Understand how to reflect on the performance of a team
Leadership and Management Skills
- Understand the difference between leadership and management.
- Understand leadership and management styles and theories.
- Understand the role, functions and responsibilities of management.
- Understand the principles of effective decision making.
The level 3 foundation diploma in people and organisations has 6 written assignments. The assignments are approximately 2,000-3,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The assignment unit titles that students need to complete for the level 3 course are:
- Organisation structures and their culture and values
- Principles of organisational planning
- Managing human resources
- Personal and professional development
- Leadership and management skills
More information about the level 3 units can be found here: www.othm.org.uk
On completion of this course, students will have the opportunity to apply for admission onto a full BA degree programme from a range of UK universities.