Equality and Diversity
To promote equality of opportunity for students and staff in all aspects of College life and to ensure learning and working environment free from discrimination, the College will:
- Develop and implement annual Race, Disability and Gender Equality Action Plans to ensure that the College has measures in place to address race, disability, and sex discrimination and promote equality
- Publish annual Race, Disability and Gender Equality reports which include statutory monitoring information and information on work which has been carried out to assess the impact of College policies relating to race, disability and gender equality
- Conduct annual Equal Pay Audits to ensure that there is no gender bias in College pay structures
- Commission an Age Audit of pay and grading structures to ensure that any potentially discriminatory elements are identified and addressed
- Provide equality and diversity training opportunities for all staff covering the 6 equalities strands: (sex, race, disability, age, religion and belief, sexual orientation) to ensure that staff understands the College’s and their own responsibility to promote equality.