Teacher Training, University 2nd Year (Level 5)
UNIVERSITY 2ND YEAR
LEVELS: 5 | CREDITS: 120 | £2500
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for individuals who are those who are already practicing within the education sector, or those who are not currently practicing but have a significant amount of experience and now wish to consolidate that with a formal qualification. The course is a 120-credit qualification and is accredited by the Ofqual recognized organization, Learning Resource Network.
Through this course, students will gain the experience and knowledge required to meet the necessary criteria through a combination of theoretical study and practical activity. The theory content will be delivered through our 6 online modules, and the practical activity is to be carried out during a placement in a real-world teaching position. This can be either a position the student already occupies at the start of the course or a position that they find throughout their study with Mortha Halls of Ivy and can be located at a school, college or community group – the only restriction is that there must be a mentor at the placement who can support and verify the students work.
This program will be assessed via a combination of 5 online multiple-choice assessments and 9 written assignments. These written assignments will be comprised of multiple tasks, which will themselves each be made up of Part A and a Part B. Part A will be based in the online academic content, whilst Part B will be based in the student’s personal experience on their teaching placement. Parts A and B can also be completed separately, meaning that students will not need a teaching placement to begin working on their written assignments, although they will need such a placement to finish them.
This course prepares students to teach in a wide range of contexts. On successful completion of this course, students will be able to plan and implement schemes of work, develop teaching and learning strategies, and teach effectively in public and private schools, colleges and universities in many countries all over the world.
On completion of this course and once students have gained their QTLS, Mortha Halls of Ivy has partnered with T15 International to help students find their perfect job within the teaching sector.
Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in schools (State/Academies) further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organizations.
It prepares trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and requires observation and assessment of practice. Teaching practice is a requirement of the qualification.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Planning and developing schemes of work
- Delivering learning sessions
- Developing teaching and learning strategies
- Assessment practices
To enrol onto the level 5 course, you must have attained a level 4 or equivalent.
The fee for enroling onto the Level 5 course is £2500
Students can make payment using one of the following methods:
- Credit or Debit Card
- Bank Transfer
- Interest Free Monthly installments
- Western Union
The Course Fee includes
- All Course Material, including online modules and written assignments.
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 Skype sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online Social Learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- Free CV Writing help on completion of the course
The Teacher Training course contains six online modules. These are designed by Mortha Halls of Ivy’s expert academic team to provide students with a solid theoretical basis for developing their teaching skills, and therefore cover the following topics:
- Developing teaching, learning, and assessment in education and training
- Evaluating learning programs
- Teaching, learning, and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles, and developments in education and training
- Understanding and managing behavior in a learning environment
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
This course also contains nine written assignments, which have been created to address all the subjects, both practical and theoretical, that learners will need to be familiar with to teach effectively
Level: 5 Module Listing
Innovative technologies in computing
This module looks at innovative trends and disruptive advances taking place and examines the new generation of skills and knowledge that will be required to work successfully in the sector.
Computing research methods
This module will explore the knowledge and skills required to research in this field and the qualitative and quantitative approaches required including the use of literature and design of research proposals.
Software development methodologies
This module looks at the role of systems engineering in the development of software and various models of data, software, and processes using modeling approaches.
Computing project planning
Creating and managing projects has changed over the years with the development of sophisticated IT software, this module focuses on how being a project manager in the ’80s differs from being a project manager in today’s world.
Strategic management information systems
This module is concerned with developing an understanding of the strategic role of MIS within the organization and how it impacts on the broader objectives and strategy of the business.
Ethical, legal and professional issues in IT
This module explores current issues in the IT sector and how these may impact on areas of security, confidentiality, privacy, and the law.
Network design and management
This module explores the principles of networks and network design and implementation and support of network systems.
This module will explore the design, deployment, and management of virtualization and explore its commercial and potential impact.
This module will enable an understanding of the importance of digital security to business, to understand industry standards of digital security and be able to recommend improvements in security.
This module focuses on understanding database design and development includes advanced languages to analyze and query database data. Students will research database management and critically test and evaluate databases.
Level 5 Sample Certificate
The ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management Course has 30 modules and 8 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 7 course are:
- Strategic marketing
- Personal development for leadership and strategic management
- Organizational behavior
- Strategic planning
- Research for strategic development
- Finance for strategic managers
- Strategic human resource management
- Corporate communication strategies
More information about the Level 7 units can be found here www.athe.co.uk
Assessment at Mortha Halls of Ivy is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by Mortha Halls of Ivy, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After the successful completion of these eight assignments, you will receive your Diploma (from the Awarding Organization).
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top-up course through a recognized UK university on-campus or by distance learning
This level 5 qualification will enable students to teach in the post 16 tertiary education sector of colleges and community schools. The route to teaching in the state school sector using this level 5 qualification is through membership of the Society of Education & Training (SET).
To be eligible for SET membership students are required to have completed their Initial Teacher Training (ITT). ITT involves successful completion of a Level 5 Teacher Training Course, assuming candidates have already completed a Level 2 (GCSE) Maths and English or equivalent. Completion of the courses provides students with their Qualified Teacher Learning Skills (QTLS) which is equivalent to the Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and sufficient to teach in state schools, as well as Further Education.
For more information on the QTLS and how to achieve it on completion of this level 5 Education and Training qualification, please click here
Students may wish to contact SET direct for further clarification of their requirements
Upon successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management and the final year of an accredited postgraduate degree program, learners will have the skills to execute a professional managerial role in marketing, accounting, business consultancy, and more.
A business management diploma and MBA develops key cognitive skills such as critical thinking, analysis, evaluation, and writing while also establishing presentation and numeracy skills to enhance knowledge and experience. These skills are critical in helping you advance your career.